Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Matty's 1st Night Away From Mommy
Well Monday was quite an exciting day. My brother Treavor came over like he does every Monday he is off to watch Matty so I can go to my NST. So Monday was no different than any other. Matty was very clingy in the morning and I just figured 2 weeks till Abby comes he is starting to really sense her coming. So I ate a little lunch with them and I was off to my NST. Everything is like normal but I notice that her heart rate is staying in the 180's and 190's. Which is fine for a little bit but Kathy the nurse was a little concern and so was I. So she left me on the montior for about an 1 hour and still her heart rate was high. So we went and talk to my doctor and when she came back I was off to Memorial to Labor and Delivery. I call Andy and tell him Abby may be here today so meet at the hostipal. Of course Andy need gas and Treavor didn't have a car seat for Matty because Andy and I had both of them in our car. So Andy before getting there had to get gas because the light had been on and then take Treavor the carseat and the house keys just in case Abby did come. Well I get put in a room and Abby's heart rate is back in the 140's and 150's and she is fine but..... I was having contractions. They were 2 min apart. The nurse looked at me and said so you feel any of those. I told her no and explained that I am blessed to be like my Mom and is part of the reasons for the NST along with the cerclage. I don't feel contractions. I feel my stomach sometimes get tight but it just feels tight and doesn't hurt. Once my water is broken that is when I feel the contractions. She just looked at me and said your lucky but my concern is that you have a cerclage in and you are contracting. So I went in for one reason and now I am there for a different reason. So I was being monitored to see if they stopped which they didn't. So the doctor on call came in and took out the cerclage and I had to stay overnight to see if Iwas going to have a c section that night. When she checked me I was 1 cm but Abby was still high. But the contractions were changing my cervix becasue on thursday I was not even dilated. So I kept having contractions until the middle of the night. And then they stopped and my cervix had not dilated anymore. So at 10:00 Dr. Smith came in (which is the doctor who deliver both my boys) and told me I could go home but come back if I have any of the normal signs. He laughed and said he'd be on this weekend if Abby decided she wanted the same doctor to deliver her as her brothers. So I came home yesterday around 11 tired because I had only 2 hours of sleep. Thank goodness for Treavor and Pete who stayed the day with me and let me get some rest and took care of Matty and Andy could go back to work and save his days for when Abby comes. So lets hope and pray that Abby stays put. If she came it would be fine but this time I have planned a c section but my children don't seem to like to follow a plan just look at Drew very early and then Matty late and didn't want to come. So that was our excitment for the week, hopely the rest of the week is calm.